Been a long time lurker on these forums since buying an old 35S and following your help to rebuild the carb. I've taken the plunge to be a full-fledged member.
I found a 43DL from '91 in my mother-in-laws shed. It is in need of a lot of love so starting to check it out and work through getting it going. It doesn't start but working through the reasons why and need some help. I'm new to a lot of this stuff so I haven't followed what I now realise is a process for fault finding. Here is what I have done (and not done) so far.
1. Changed spark plug but didn't check if there was a spark (whoops, beginners error)
2. Rebuilt and cleaned carb - all seems OK
3. Checked for spark by putting plug on a piece of metal - nothing
4. Assumed HT leads were OK because they looked OK. How do I check this?
5. Checked coil after removing flywheel - looks OK but need to see if you think that is the problem or there are some simpler things to check
I've added some pics below of the coil:
My next guess is to put everything back together and check HT lead and make sure that has good contact.
If that still fails I'll assume I need a new coil which I think is about £30?
Appreciate your help and sorry for the bad fault finding process. I'm a young'un and this is my first bit of tinkering on an engine I can see.